Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Cima: Computer Intelligence Make Adobe

A fellow classmate raised an interesting issue today in class.

"we're bieng forced to do graphic design [...] when i use a computer i get stuck. like, where do i go from here?"

Marcelo pointed out that creativity can be applied to every medium, everything if the person has the intent.

I'm not implying that Cima doesnt have the intent, as those of us who know her are well aware of her curly depths....but ive taken this opportunity to show her what i would do with technology....even though i have created something with my "finer" art skills.

First i grayscaled my image to see if my contrasts where suitable.

Then i reversed the image, an advantage that Caravaggio using his camera obscura didnt have. Thats why a lot of his painting were visually "tense" with more people leaning to the left rather than their more comfortable natural right sides.



Then i tweaked the colors to the potential i might have and weak point in the painting.



It's upto me and oils to figure the rest out.

Thank you all for your input today.

I especially appreciate it coming from people like you, who are so talented.

You've motivated me and made me happy to be an AUD student. That in itself, seriously......!

2 comments:

Louise said...

Paintalie has almost acheived (and it is very close) to a classic style, with subdued colours and presence of beautiful subtle tones.
Believe in your work, be passionate, and you will succeed.

This is really quite brilliant work.

Signed Louise - not a professional critic!

paintalie said...

thank you!

Your very sweet. I was attempting to locate you and comment on your work but i failed!

Stay tuned, I'm going to upload some color studies im working on

Much love ...Natalie

Not a professional anything :)