Wednesday, May 2, 2007

The Painting : Process

It's been about 2000 brush strokes since my last entry

Which explains the delay.

I have been consumed by this painting as it demands my constant attention during its birthing process, like a newborn.

I havent got much to say as I am still absorbing all the lessons the folds of fabric are teaching me (i feel i could write a song just based on those shadows), the layers of washed acrylic and the feelings present in the eyes of my subjects all hold valuable insight into not just myself but....yep...life in general. As most things have the potential to hold.

My next steps, altough our critique was finished today, is adding an ambitious oil coat to the work.



The underpainting, in greys and green shades as Caravaggio did



Building the contrast



Adding Color

No comments: